TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2007
- New playlist system and GUI interface: new appareance, tag fields, auto-adjustable size, sort headers, etc...
- New keyboard shortcuts: esc to close preview player and delete to clear playlist items.
- Updated to latest ms.pinky sdk. M-Audio Torq, PCDJ Reflex vinyls now supported in absolute mode.
- Automatic Internet update version checking system and installer download.
- Improved track field recognition (creates automatically artist/title using a parsing function when no id3 data is present).
- Nintendo Wii Remote native controller support.
- Seamless VST instance loading with interlocked pointer exchange.
- Fixed bug regarding saving playlist without specified '.m3u' extension (it's added now automatically).
- Fixed bug in VST MIDI host events pointer vector block filling (caused crashes).
- Other improvements in several areas.
MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2007
- Fixed bug wich caused inputs buffers to be cleared, making timecode vinyls stop working.
- New USB HID code, allowing hot plug'n'play and autodetection (Hercules DJ Consoles [all series], Eks Xp10 and KontrolDJ). Others will come in future.
- All hercules DJ series are handled now via USB HID interface.
- Fixed wrong file dialogs filters.
- Some Kontrol-DJ improvements.
- Remote device feedback output moved to his own thread.
- Made playback/cue/pitchbend nudge buttons more prominent in the dark GUI.
- New Absolute mode system (now works decently). *** ONLY MS.PINKY VTC'S / CD'S ***.
- Timecode tracking latency minimized (32 samples instead 64).
FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2007
- New deployable browser system.
- Other optimizations.
- Fixed main VST function exports problem.
FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2007
- Demo version reminder box at startup (5 seconds).
- Fixed bug loop size not changing on the fly.
- Fixed a few problems with vestax jogwheels.
- Browser listing and browser search new progress / cancelation box.
- Cursor files (arrow.cur and finger.cur) moved to skin folder.
- Playlist allows now item swapping and insertion of new items in any position.
- Playlist scrolling w/mouse hovering while dragging items.
- Playlist: new progress folder scan information box with 'cancel search' button.
- Demo limitation changed to volume-dropdown with low-level white noise.
- Auto selection of HID USB devices when detected (Eks XP-10, Kontrol DJ).
- Enhanced FX control on Mk2, the 2 joystick buttons now acts as full effect on/off of each deck while joystick horizontal axis controls fx parameter.
- Fixed issue with host processin' buffers not cleared (plugin version, fixes Ableton Live and maybe others).
- Fixed nudge-leds problem with BCD-2000.
- VST: audio process / process Events optimizations.
- Security fixes and overall source code cleaning.
- Minihost: changed default settings.
- Minihost: indexed ASIO inputs and outputs.
- Minihost: Auto-setup when selecting an ASIO device of all MIDI input / output device settings, audio input / output assignments with deckadance control selection notification for BCD2000 and Hercules MK2 (others will follow soon).
FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2007
- Big source code reorganisation and cleanup:
* Bughunt and performance tuning with Intel Thread Checker and Intel VTune software.
* Some potential threading issues solved.
* Source code simplified: now a single DirectWave object class inherints the polymorphism of VST plugin, OLE Drag & Drop target.
- Small bugfix: disk recorded default path was set to ../disk_recorder/record instead record.wav (was missing extension).
- New remote device: Kontrol DJ. (Directly USB supported via official SDK).
- Nag demo sound periodicity set to 3 minutes.
- Remote controller output feedback thread and USB input polling devices are moved now to a dedicated controller thread. (yet another one).
- Rewritten and better integrated OLE Drag & Drop support, with some bug fixes on the way.
- Beatmarkers in the peakscope made more prominent.
- Deprecated support for Hercules DJ Console Mp3 Light output feedback, and for some good reasons:
* Made Deckadance to require DX8 in client (customer) machine.
* Made Deckadance source code require full huge DX8 SDK rand even WinSock2 libraries to be compiled, therefore: no crossplatform.
* Lights output caused total unit halt under certain circustances anyway after a while (unknown reason).
* Made Deckadance crash / or heap corrupt at DI8 enumerating in Fred's computer (and probably many others).
* All this crap was just to flash on or off the LIGHTING leds.
* It's not even for support control, wich still works via normal MIDI, and as native device.
* The unit is not supported/selling by Hercules anymore.
* It's outdated. Use Mk2, is way better and led lights are nicer and works nicely too.
* We'll keep it as native controller for nostalgy, it's just leds wont be supported.
* Made Fred and me lost an invaluable time of debugging =) to find it's an imposssible to solve bug.
FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2007
- Full Vestax VCI-100 support.
- Added deck balance and master volume (VCI-100 specific).
- Added FIFO gui thread action queue list system for certain operations such as request deck loading or preview from MIDI commands and other cases.
- More robust deck audio import threading.
- Fixed bug when playing less than 1 beat sized samples.
- Added DC blockers filters.
- Peakscope now shows beatmarks.
- Exception handler around hercules mp3 dj console initialization. (fixes DX8 crashes on certain systems).
- Added 2 Midi Setup pages with row for more future generic MIDI control items.
- Added new VST Host gain generic midi controllers.
- Added new master volume generic midi controllers.
- New skin selector with thumbnail on setup.
- New remote controller device selector in setup. (moved from MIDI setup).
- New extended information web links for remote controllers and skin content.
- Skins renamed to dark.bmp and white.bmp.
- Implemented sampler prev/next arrow loaders.
- Audio processing block size and sample rate properly updated to hosted VST plugins (fixed in minihost too). *
- Updated with latest scott's inline help and offline (chm) files.
- VST plugins instances not closed properly at deckadance shutdown. **
- VST plugins editors properly closed when closing deckadance interface (fixed crashes with numerous VST plugins at exit). ***
*,**,***: This fixes issues in Sytrus, EQUO, and probably many other VST plugins.
FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2007
- Version number drawn in 'about' box.
- New file-based help system. (check 'deckadance_inline_help.txt' file for more information).
- More GUI modificactions to the browser. (bigger path/parent buttons, etc).
MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2007
- Rewritten setup config system, as native GUI.
- Setup config changes now doesnt need to be applied anymore, instant changes are taken.
- Beatmark information is now restored before decoding the file and not after.
- Holding "control" key when loading a track will force reanalysis.
- Added favourite folders in the browser.
- New looping selection system, 9 loop types: from 1/32 to 8/1 loop.
- New loop 'beat-sync' switch, when enabled, it will align loops to nearest beatmark positions.
- Slighty different beatmark drawing.
- Fixed minor slashdot (\\\\,/) inconsistency in browser path / folders.
- Several right-browser improvements.
- Made Vestax Skin more readable.
- Added F1 key help invoking.
- Deck Track, Slave and Sync buttons corrected placement and appareance.
- Middle display: scratch and drag&drop will only work in 'peakscope' mode and not the rest of the middle section pages.
- Clicking on 'Deckadance' logo about section will open deckadance website.
- Sampler pitch moved to up and down buttons.
- Deck monitor rout switch state is now stored as setup register.
- Enhanced accuracy of deck monitor vumeters.
- VST host: used "resvd2" instead "user" ptr to store vst editor parent window handle. [Fred].
- VST host: second SetWindowPos called against to update VST plugin editor size, this fixes some plugins showing wrong editor size. [Fred]
- Decks monitor rout and deck to monitor vumeter placed now in a single control box.
- Added new DMX bottom pages (further implementation).
- '.wav' extension in setup / disk recorded file path now is specified / supported.
- Added new help middle page tab.
- Added KontrolDJ native support.
- Added 'Force Beattrack Analysis' option, it will override beatmark files and will analyse tracks always.
- Some minor setup data bugfixes.
- Added tempo threshold switch.
- Added monitor PFL "overdrive" option, useful in certain situations where PFL monitor needs extra "coloured" boost.
- Minihost: 'File & General Settings' can be now accesed from options menu (only when hosting deckadance). [Scott].
- Lots of GUI enhancements and skin re-organisation.
- Projects converted to Intel Compiler solutions:
* From now and on, deckadance and minihost are compiled using intel latest ICC (9.1.037 at this point).
* Faster, parallelized code, multiple processor extensions supported (incl. SSE3 and CoreDuo), tested on iMac 17'' Intel Core Duo [1.8Ghz] taking 4-5% of CPU only.
* Tested on AMD x64 3800+, 4% CPU vs 7% wich took with MS compiler formerly. (nearly 200% performance boost).
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2006
- Several gui/skin changes.
- New lowpass/highpass multimode -24dB/octave moog filters for the sampler slots.
- New filters for the deck effects aswell w/smooth ramped cutoff transitions.
- Some speed optimizations in the effect section.
- New Vestax skin with VCI100 bolts / jog wheels draw when the skin filename is 'vestax' (.bmp).
- MIDI channel messages now have the channel masked (zeroed) when using any of the native supported devices (to avoid config MIDI channel clashes).
- MIDI sysex messages are now bypassed (when required).
- Added Allen & Heath Xone:3D native support.
- Vestax VCI-100 support. (not finished, need the unit).
- The step/position playback bar in the samplers are colour-coded by the selected deck colour. (skinnable).
- Bass band equalizer reset when disabling "bass-crossfader" mode.
- Fixed mic input to master output mixing problem.
- Now allows the vynil control button (play button when not in vinyl mode) to turn off vynil control.
- Deck pitch is reset to center after vinyl control is switched off.
- Bugfix: fixed problem wich caused common file dialogs not to appear.
- The learn timecode button in the vinyl control tab is more prominent now.
- Vinyl display turns (on the screen) when the vinyl/CDJ is turning as well regardless of the deck loaded/track playback position.
- Record learn timecode button in vinyl control made a bit more prominent.
- Minihost: added Deckadance.chm help file.
- Minihost: new interface.
- Minihost: added minimize/close button in deckadance (fullscreen) mode.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2006
- Updated skin.
- Peakscope display not longer make any weird stretching or hiding when dragging/scratching it.
- Nag demo sound wont play if both decks are stopped.