Deckadance 1.20 RC3
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2007
* [new] - Mac OSX release (Universal Binary) [DD-42].
* [new] - Redesign of the Digital Vinyl System panel. It includes now a real-time signal spectroscope and an easy-to-use interface [DD-43].
* [new] - Vinyl timecode control of decks inside Live and Live LE [DD-44].
* [new] - New Minihost with support for DirectSound drivers and new features as tap master tempo and window resize/move [DD-45].
* [new] - From this version Deckadance has a new edition, "Deckadance LE Edition", the LE edition is available to hardware manufacturers [DD-46].
* [new] - Native support for Numark Total Control console [DD-47].
* [new] - Transform button now also includes "cut" mode [DD-48].
* [imp] - Internal changes to the browser to increase his efficiency [DD-49].
* [imp] - General improvements and bug fixes [DD-50].
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19, 2007
* [new] - New skin "Hitech". This skin presents a more structured and clean vision of the Deckadance UI with a touch of "high technology" [DD-25].
* [new] - From this version Deckadance has a new edition, "Deckadance House Edition", the house edition doesn't include the vinyl tracking system [DD-26].
* [new] - New overdrive processing algorithm in the monitor control section. This fix a crash produced in earlier versions [DD-27].
* [new] - Added input gain (preamp) control to vinyl inputs to improve the DVS system. This will fix some problems in absolute mode [DD-28].
* [new] - Added equalization processing to input lines (vinyl, cd's, ...etc) [DD-29].
* [fix] - Fixed some problems in the vinyl tracking system that causes incorrect reading of Torq timecode vinyls [DD-30].
* [new] - Added the following keyboard shortcuts to handle the playlist: "DOWN ARROW -> Select next item","UP ARROW -> Select previous item","LEFT ARROW -> Load select item into deck A","RIGHT ARROW -> Load select item into deck B" [DD-31].
* [new] - New mapping template for the KDJ500 controller. The new template includes support for Bending/Scratching/Searching with the jogs, optimized control over the Loops/Leaps (with size increment/decrement), Effects (with effect selector), Cues (4 points), Sampler (play and recording), Relooper, Monitor section (mix and level), Pfl, fine Pitch (0.001 resolution), Eq and full control of Playlist browsing and loading of songs. All these functions includes leds feedback directly from DD [DD-32].
* [chg] - Changes in the inline help to reflect the latest changes in Deckadance [DD-33].
* [imp] - Some internal improvements to use the computer cpu in a more efficient way. This will improve also the response of DD in slow computers [DD-34].
* [new] - Minihost-> Added useful url links to Help menu [DD-35].
* [new] - Minihost-> Auto-setup of all MIDI input / output device settings and audio input / ouput assignments with deckadance control selection notification for BCD3000 console [DD-36].
* [fix] - Fixed the problem with the loops in the Digital Vinyl System when the absolute mode is used [DD-37].
* [imp] - Improvement in the Digital Vinyl System when switching between absolute and relative mode. It caused some unwanted jumps in the song [DD-38].
* [fix] - Fixed the problem of the scrollbar in the playlist with the Hitech skin in DD 1.14 beta release [DD-39].
* [fix] - Fixed the problem of the KDJ500 "jog B" interfering with the "jog A" controller in DD 1.14 beta release [DD-40].
* [imp] - Source code cleaning [DD-41].
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2007
* [fix] - Downbeat and Start buttons aren't displayed correctly when a song is loaded [DD-11].
* [imp] - Improvement of the synchronization of decks [DD-12].
* [new] - Support for Behringer BCD3000 console [DD-13].
* [fix] - Auto&Manual "status displays" don't show the current automix state correctly [DD-14].
* [fix] - The loops/leaps synced to the nearest beat/bar sometimes doesn't work as expected [DD-15].
* [imp] - Improvement of the synchronization of decks when the host master tempo is active [DD-16].
* [fix] - When a file is dragged into the Toolbar then Deckadance crashes [DD-17].
* [fix] - Absolute mode position for MsPinky timecode cd control signal [DD-18].
* [imp] - Removed the startup demo dialog box [DD-19].
* [new] - Added instant realtime set cue point for BCD3000 and BCD2000 consoles [DD-20].
* [fix] - Songs sampled at a different rate than 44100 Hz. have problems with the sync function [DD-21].
* [fix] - When a deck is playing and it reach the end if you use the Sync function in the opposite deck some problems can arise [DD-22].
* [imp] - Improvement in the PFL monitoring section. Now it allows to blend between Main and PFL on the phones [DD-23].
* [fix] - Echo effect doesn't synchronize correctly with the tempo of the song [DD-24].
TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2007
- New playlist system and GUI interface: new appareance, tag fields, auto-adjustable size, sort headers, etc...
- New keyboard shortcuts: esc to close preview player and delete to clear playlist items.
- Updated to latest ms.pinky sdk. M-Audio Torq, PCDJ Reflex vinyls now supported in absolute mode.
- Automatic Internet update version checking system and installer download.
- Improved track field recognition (creates automatically artist/title using a parsing function when no id3 data is present).
- Nintendo Wii Remote native controller support.
- Seamless VST instance loading with interlocked pointer exchange.
- Fixed bug regarding saving playlist without specified '.m3u' extension (it's added now automatically).
- Fixed bug in VST MIDI host events pointer vector block filling (caused crashes).
- Other improvements in several areas.
MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2007
- Fixed bug wich caused inputs buffers to be cleared, making timecode vinyls stop working.
- New USB HID code, allowing hot plug'n'play and autodetection (Hercules DJ Consoles [all series], Eks Xp10 and KontrolDJ). Others will come in future.
- All hercules DJ series are handled now via USB HID interface.
- Fixed wrong file dialogs filters.
- Some Kontrol-DJ improvements.
- Remote device feedback output moved to his own thread.
- Made playback/cue/pitchbend nudge buttons more prominent in the dark GUI.
- New Absolute mode system (now works decently). *** ONLY MS.PINKY VTC'S / CD'S ***.
- Timecode tracking latency minimized (32 samples instead 64).
FRIDAY, JUNE 1, 2007
- New deployable browser system.
- Other optimizations.
- Fixed main VST function exports problem.
FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2007
- Demo version reminder box at startup (5 seconds).
- Fixed bug loop size not changing on the fly.
- Fixed a few problems with vestax jogwheels.
- Browser listing and browser search new progress / cancelation box.
- Cursor files (arrow.cur and finger.cur) moved to skin folder.
- Playlist allows now item swapping and insertion of new items in any position.
- Playlist scrolling w/mouse hovering while dragging items.
- Playlist: new progress folder scan information box with 'cancel search' button.
- Demo limitation changed to volume-dropdown with low-level white noise.
- Auto selection of HID USB devices when detected (Eks XP-10, Kontrol DJ).
- Enhanced FX control on Mk2, the 2 joystick buttons now acts as full effect on/off of each deck while joystick horizontal axis controls fx parameter.
- Fixed issue with host processin' buffers not cleared (plugin version, fixes Ableton Live and maybe others).
- Fixed nudge-leds problem with BCD-2000.
- VST: audio process / process Events optimizations.
- Security fixes and overall source code cleaning.
- Minihost: changed default settings.
- Minihost: indexed ASIO inputs and outputs.
- Minihost: Auto-setup when selecting an ASIO device of all MIDI input / output device settings, audio input / output assignments with deckadance control selection notification for BCD2000 and Hercules MK2 (others will follow soon).
FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2007
- Big source code reorganisation and cleanup:
* Bughunt and performance tuning with Intel Thread Checker and Intel VTune software.
* Some potential threading issues solved.
* Source code simplified: now a single DirectWave object class inherints the polymorphism of VST plugin, OLE Drag & Drop target.
- Small bugfix: disk recorded default path was set to ../disk_recorder/record instead record.wav (was missing extension).
- New remote device: Kontrol DJ. (Directly USB supported via official SDK).
- Nag demo sound periodicity set to 3 minutes.
- Remote controller output feedback thread and USB input polling devices are moved now to a dedicated controller thread. (yet another one).
- Rewritten and better integrated OLE Drag & Drop support, with some bug fixes on the way.
- Beatmarkers in the peakscope made more prominent.
- Deprecated support for Hercules DJ Console Mp3 Light output feedback, and for some good reasons:
* Made Deckadance to require DX8 in client (customer) machine.
* Made Deckadance source code require full huge DX8 SDK rand even WinSock2 libraries to be compiled, therefore: no crossplatform.
* Lights output caused total unit halt under certain circustances anyway after a while (unknown reason).
* Made Deckadance crash / or heap corrupt at DI8 enumerating in Fred's computer (and probably many others).
* All this crap was just to flash on or off the LIGHTING leds.
* It's not even for support control, wich still works via normal MIDI, and as native device.
* The unit is not supported/selling by Hercules anymore.
* It's outdated. Use Mk2, is way better and led lights are nicer and works nicely too.
* We'll keep it as native controller for nostalgy, it's just leds wont be supported.
* Made Fred and me lost an invaluable time of debugging =) to find it's an imposssible to solve bug.
FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2007
- Full Vestax VCI-100 support.
- Added deck balance and master volume (VCI-100 specific).
- Added FIFO gui thread action queue list system for certain operations such as request deck loading or preview from MIDI commands and other cases.
- More robust deck audio import threading.
- Fixed bug when playing less than 1 beat sized samples.
- Added DC blockers filters.
- Peakscope now shows beatmarks.
- Exception handler around hercules mp3 dj console initialization. (fixes DX8 crashes on certain systems).
- Added 2 Midi Setup pages with row for more future generic MIDI control items.
- Added new VST Host gain generic midi controllers.
- Added new master volume generic midi controllers.
- New skin selector with thumbnail on setup.
- New remote controller device selector in setup. (moved from MIDI setup).
- New extended information web links for remote controllers and skin content.
- Skins renamed to dark.bmp and white.bmp.
- Implemented sampler prev/next arrow loaders.
- Audio processing block size and sample rate properly updated to hosted VST plugins (fixed in minihost too). *
- Updated with latest scott's inline help and offline (chm) files.
- VST plugins instances not closed properly at deckadance shutdown. **
- VST plugins editors properly closed when closing deckadance interface (fixed crashes with numerous VST plugins at exit). ***
*,**,***: This fixes issues in Sytrus, EQUO, and probably many other VST plugins.
FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2007
- Version number drawn in 'about' box.
- New file-based help system. (check 'deckadance_inline_help.txt' file for more information).
- More GUI modificactions to the browser. (bigger path/parent buttons, etc).