You can find FL Studio 8.5 (Beta 4) in your account (Fruity Edition & boxed users as well).
It will expire on the 20th of July and we'll post a new on by then (not as copy protection but to make
sure people test/use the new beta's and don't complain about fixed bugs).
Here are the issues fixed between beta 3 & beta 4:
Here are the issues fixed between beta2 & beta 3:
- Updated to LAME 3.98.2.
- Improved playlist mouse wheel scrolling.
- Right-clicking the playlist clip focus button brings a list of either audio, automation or pattern clip sources.
- Improved "split mixer tracks" rendering filename management.
- Edison: new "natural weighting" & improved "natural scale" for better spectral display, as well as new (slow) high quality mode that brings both time & frequency accuracy (especially in natural scale mode).
- PEQ2, Wave Candy & FL now use natural weighting for their spectral display.
- Added note helping lines in piano roll when notes are played.
- Improve envelope editor's envelope smoothing tool & decimation tool.
- New envelope filter tool in envelope editor.
- Wave Candy: improved scale feature, and added piano kb helper to spectral display.
- Fruity Reeverb 2: added option to process side.
- Improved mixer's input "automap" feature (doesn't map mono inputs, and doesn't route them to master to avoid feedback).
- Updated scripting engine used by Edison scripts (should allow VB scripts now).
- Wrapper: now reports the sound device's i/o latency to the plugin
- FPC: layer shows newly added item (i.e. scrolls to it)
- FL Keys: high notes are now always decayed on release, instead of released immediately
Implemented & removed:
- Right-clicking playlist items no longer deletes them (hold halt to do so). (thrown, user complaints)
- Can now middle-click working area to "pan" plugin windows (ONLY plugins, as it's designed for oversized VST's). (thrown, too many annoyances)
- Wave Candy: Auto visual mode state now properly restored, some other bugfixes.
- Slit pattern by channel now preserves pattern's beats per bar setting.
- Fixed some common window-related weirdness (windows covering others while they shouldn't, etc).
- Fixed troubles with snapping grid with specific PPQ settings.
- Fixed minor bug in envelope smoothing tool.
- Edison: fixed problem when reloading a state that had envelopes not mixed down.
- Fixed problem with FL's hint bar sometimes not refreshing when loading things.
- added control to set maximum release time for sampled notes
- implemented new downloader interface, modeless
- click on empty area in scrollbar(s) to go to that position
- Updated CT dll
- Reduced max polyphony to 256 to reduce cpu usage when idle
- cache results of product code registration check to speed it up a bit
- implemented ilreg system
- improved filter speed
- only filter when filter text is at least 3 characters
- Implemented delete, move up and move down for items in manager's list
- ToxicBio, Sawer and Morphine downloads can now also be downloaded from the selector (if the plugin is installed!)
- improved "last view" behaviour a little bit
- flush plugin if a sampled note didn't reach silence
- all zone parameters are now changed for all selected zones, when "current selection" switch is on
- mod reset now works for multiple selected zones
- fixed the way a soundfont property was counted on import
- Overwrite existing wave files when sampling a vst (but only .wav files)
- make sure the samplerate is sent to the plugin before processing a vst plugin
- DW no longer steals keyboard focus, except for edit controls
- Loading a DWB file now tries to load a sample from file if it's not in the DWB
- DWB files now save a reference to the file instead of the sample data when total recall is off
- fixed acm import - sample length wasn't adjusted after conversion (was sometimes less than predicted)
- Fixed mouse position inaccuracy for pitch bend and mod sliders (multi tab)
- put critical section for sample preview slightly earlier
- store location in global registry during installation, instead of just in local registry
- fixed some crashes when the downloader couldn't find the download dll
- selection window now has minimum size
- fixed bug that caused downloads to start again after being finished
- fixed download location calculation in manager
- Ampersand was shown as a shortcut underline in the options window (info section)
- Fixed a bug loading Arturia AnalogFactory settings
- midi port changes after a plugin was dragged didn't make the wrapper ask the host to enable midi input
- Added code to load shell plugins from different filename than when they were saved
- use different way to determine if a plugin is VST1 or not
- removed first check for value of FruityPlug in UpdateSize to make sure editor size is updated when loading the plugin fails
- don't get parameter labels and value for shell plugin (waveshell) to prevent crash
- fixed buffer (effect version) now doesn't zero output buffer and takes into account plugins without inputs
- fixed assumption that an effect would have inputs
- "onlysavefirstprogram" workaround for Blood Overdrive and Compressor is now used for all VST1 plugins
- The browser preview mixer track can't be set higher than 64.
- all my projects with zebra2 get noise on the zebra channel (like a full peak digital noise)
- Loading an older project with Fruity Delays in it, now the delays are out of sync.
- Every time when I open Riff (from tools or from Piano Roll) and turn off "show details" and then switch to "Levels" and turn "show details" back on.
- By the way the Parameter Automation record is a bug I tried all the non FLStudio VST I have and they do the same thing.
- janko keyboard input mode, the enter key also is translated, it's a bit disturbing.
- BeepMap crashes
- just a small issue in the "Scale levels" tool: the tooltip of the new center knob says "Tension".
- Load the New Stuff FLP file. Project starts to load. Gets to Fruity Multiband Compressor and crashes.
- garbage when last of the mixer/playlist icons was used
- very long hovering display in browser when a drive letter was added as an extra folder
- browser F5/F6 making it lose kb focus
- FSC score saving being broken (was actually saving them as MIDI files)
- display bug for piano roll note levels (I also made slide notes no more on top of normal notes)
- reeverb 2's early reflection bug
- bug in envelope smoothing tool in Sytrus
The Image-Line Team