Gross beat is perfect for real-time or rendered gating, glitch, repeat, scratching and stutter performances. Gross Beat stores audio in a 2-bar rolling buffer under the control of 36 user definable time and volume envelopes, giving you unlimited creative control.
Gross Beat Time and Volume presets can be linked to a keyboard, pad controller or automation source for on-the-fly changes to the preset. Preset slots can be set to momentary (key-held), return to base (slot 1) or hold mode on a per-preset basis. Preset-change synchronization can be set from immediate through to 4 beats (1 bar).
In addition to the gating possibilities afforded by the spline based envelope, Gross Beat is perfect for side-chain effects without the need to link to an audio source. Just select one of the ducking-style presets for instant side-chain pumping.
Gross Beat can be heard on Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack playing a major part in the rhythmic structure. Why not experiment with the same presets as were used in the soundtrack: Click here to learn more.
Click the image at the left to see how our FL Studio Guru recreates the effects using Gross Beat.
- Powerful MIDI controlled envelopes
- 2 bar audio buffer
- Real time effect, perfect for live performance
- 36 volume/gating envelopes with user-controlled smoothing
- Linked or independent volume & gating slot operation
- A large number of creative presets ready to go
- Windows XP (SP2), Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1 - (32 & 64 Bit OS)
- 2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
- 512 Mb RAM
- 130 Mb disk space