New Features in FL Studio 11
This is a list of notable new features and changes in FL Studio 11. For the complete list (including bug fixes) please check the 'WhatsNew.rtf' in the FL Studio installation folder:
'..\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio\WhatsNew.rtf'.
Notable changes to FL Studio 11
FL Engine / Interface
- Multi-touch support - FL Studio (and some plugins) now respond to Multi-touch.
- Image-Line Remote support - Image-Line remote is an Android and iOS MIDI controller App that connects over your Wi-Fi network.
- Right-click data entry - Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
- Horizontal/Vertical movement locking - Piano roll & Playlist, Shift (horizontal lock) & Ctrl (vertical lock) when dragging items.
- Menus - Can now right click to check several menu items without closing them (where appropriate).
- Instrument Channels - Ctrl+mouse wheel on Channel button to change the routed mixer track.
- Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now remember the MIDI input port used to avoid conflict between controllers.
- Content Library & Downloaded - Options now allow the Content Library to show as a tab in the Downloader.
- Improved Tap Tempo - Updated tap algorithm + nudge control for Performance Mode.
- Improved Tempo automation - Fine tempo field now fully integrated. Will also allow smoother tempo automation.
- New controllers supported - Including APC20/40, Launchpad, Lemur, Block, Maschine/Mikro, padKONTROL, Traktor Kontrol (more details
- Unique controller MIDI input port - Controllers can be assigned unique output ports for feedback. Plugins can also receive direct MIDI input from controllers before FL processes it.
- FL engine - 'FL (Extended Memory).exe' has been renamed to 'FL.exe', this is now the default engine and can access more than 2 Gb of memory. 'FL (Compatible Memory).exe' has been included for
use where FL.exe does not work correctly and is limited to 2 Gb max memory.
- DirectWave - Added multi-timbral mode to the FL native version (activate on the Options tab). Load and play more than one patch from note colors in the Piano roll.
- Harmor - Now supports Komplexer WT wavetables & 'Map audio regions to keys' with auto-dump to score for Slicex like drum handling.
- Newtone 2 - Now includes Warp editor mode for audio quantizing and aligning acoustic performances. Vibrato editor and revised and updated workflow to better match
the Piano roll.
- Patcher - Added animated connections, curved lines and auto-zooming (drag items to the edge of the Patcher window). You can also now drop Patcher
presets from Browser/Plugin picker onto instrument channels or effects slots to wrap them in a Patcher
('patcherize' the plugin).
- Synthmaker (Flowstone) - Is now upgraded to Flowstone
the successor to the original program. Now including the Ruby high level programming language you can still create Synths, Effects
but also control external hardware with support for USB devices, I/O cards, webcams and audio hardware.
- Click-and-hold functions in piano roll - Glue notes: Place the cursor between 2 neighbor notes, so the resize cursor appears, then click
and hold to glue them. Mouse wheel velocity: Roll mouse wheel while holding notes. Mouse wheel tools: Right click and roll the wheel.
- Brush tool - Monophonic step entry mode (hold shift for old behavior).
- Chop chords - Added to Strum & Articulate tools.
- Performance Mode - Trigger Playlist Clips, on the fly, using your mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller. NOTE: When in Performance mode, MIDI data can't be recorded to the Piano roll.
- Options > Project general settings > Play truncated notes in clips - Restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips.
- Select - Clicking a clip once, but not moving it, selects it (even when not playing).
- Playlist - 199 Playlist tracks, increased from 99.
- Mixer - Page Up/Down keyboard keys cycle through the current mixer track's plugin windows.
- Plugin Picker - Right-click to open a plugin and its presets in the Browser. Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.