The Options menu contains commands that set options in FL Studio.
- Enable MIDI remote control - If unchecked, you will not be able to use MIDI remote control in FL Studio, but the device you use for
remote control will be released for use in other applications you run simultaneously with FL Studio.
- Enable MIDI output - If unchecked, you will not be able to use MIDI output in FL Studio, but the device you use for output will be
released for use in other applications you run simultaneously with FL Studio.
- Enable MIDI master sync - If checked, FL Studio will sync (as a master) with an external MIDI device or a sequencer. You can choose a
device to sync with in the MIDI Settings window.
- Typing keyboard to piano (Ctrl+T)
- When enabled, you can use your typing keyboard to record notes as you would do with a real MIDI keyboard.
- Metronome ( Ctrl+M) - When enabled, you will hear a short "metronome"
sound at the beginning of each beat and an accent at the beginning of each bar. This is especially useful if you need to keep yourself synced with the song tempo when recording a melody from a MIDI keyboard.
NOTE: For the metronome options (including Mixer track routing & changing the click-sound) see the Snap Panel page.
- Recording precount (Ctrl+P) -
When enabled, you will hear a series of countdown metronome ticks before the start of a recording session.
- Start on input (Ctrl+I) - When
enabled, pressing the play button will set FL Studio to waiting mode and actual playing/recording will begin when input data is received (e.g. when a
key on the MIDI keyboard is pressed ).
- Blend recorded notes (Ctrl+B) -
When switched on, the notes you record will blend with any already existing ones, otherwise recorded notes will overwrite the old ones.
- Step edit (Ctrl+E) - Switches
step recording on/off.
- Loop record - Loop record continuously repeats the selection marked in the
Playlist (Shift + Left-click and drag in the bar-marker region) to allow you to layer MIDI or audio data. For audio to be placed automatically in the
Playlist on each loop, turn on 'Auto create audio clip' in the Mixer menu > 'Disk recording' options.
- Auto scrolling - Turns on/off the auto-scrolling feature in the Playlist and Piano roll.
- Enable groups - Enables Piano roll note and Playlist pattern grouping. Use the Piano roll & Playlist 'Group' menu option to group/ungroup selected notes/patterns.
- Multi-link to controllers (Ctrl+J)
- For more detail see the section on Using External Hardware Controllers. To link multiple controls in one session, use the Multi-link option on the Snap Panel. Select the switch, tweak all the target controls, then tweak
the same number of knobs on your hardware controller and turn off the switch (most people can remember about 7 links, how good is your memory?).