Piano roll Limit
The key-limiter tool allows you to transpose the notes of a score within a custom defined limit. The tool can be used to generate quick derivative scores from a single
source. Assign the derived scores to different instrument channels to create richer musical arrangements.
Key scale / restriction
- Key / scale - Set the key and mode.
- Snap - If a note is in the wrong place (it can be +1 or -1 semitone before being corrected), the setting defines whether it will snap above, under or alternate relative to the current position.
Keyboard range / offset
- Reset - Resets the limit to the range set by the selected notes in the score (or all, if none are selected).
- Wrap to Bottom - Normally the tool attempts to transpose each key down an octave while it fits inside the defined limit. However with this option enabled the notes will automatically wrap to the lowest octave in the limit.
- Piano View / Limit selector - Drag the ruler to define the key limit you prefer (the pale orange bar). Right-click to set the root key (offset) applied to the notes.
- Reset - Reset the tool to the default state.
- Accept - Accept changes and close the tool. Note, these changes can be subsequently undone using the Current project History or Ctrl+Z.