The Riff Machine generates melodies in the Piano roll (depending on the settings made in the tabs).
Building a riff consists maximally of the following steps:
1. Progression - A series of long notes are selected according to the general mood you desire.
2. Chords - The note series is transformed into chords ready for the Arpeggiator step.
3. Arpeggiation - The chord is chopped up and arpeggiated to create a basic 'riff'.
4. Mirror - Vertical and horizontal transformations of the arpeggio are made to add interest.
5. Levels - Note parameter levels are randomized (to a user specified degree) to add variation.
6. Articulation - Note lengths/transitions are varied to change playing 'style'.
7. Groove - Note quantization is varied to add rhythmic feeling.
8. Fit - Note range and key is specified.
This section can be used to add variation to note properties levels: