INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
DirectWave - Multi Window (VST only)
The Multi Window can be used to load up to 16 separate program banks and control them from 16 MIDI CC channels and or route them to 16 separate outputs for septate FX processing.
Left-clicking on a line - Ch. 1 to 16 in the MULTI window will select the corresponding PROGRAM window, program number.
- Load a program - 1. Open the MULTI window (click on the tab) and select the MIDI Channel (Ch) you want the bank to load in by clicking on the corresponding line. 2. Open the LIBRARY tab and double-click a soundbank to be loaded. The bank will be loaded into the
MIDI channel slot selected on the MULTI tab.
- Sequencing & Live playing - Instrumens will respond to notes on the same MIDI channel as their Multi tab channel (Ch.). In FL Studio you can use the note colors to drive the different MIDI channels from a single
Piano roll or use several Piano rolls feeding MIDI Out plugins set to the same Input Port number as DirectWave and the MIDI channels of the intended instruments.
- Ch. - MIDI Channel. To change the MIDI channel for a sound bank you must load it into the desired MIDI channel slot.
- Prg Index - If you load more than one program into DW select them with the arrows at the top left on the PROGRAM window.
- Program name - As labeled. You can double-click on the name field to edit it. This does not change the name of the loaded program, just the name displayed in DirectWave.
- Output - Output offset number from DirectWave's own output channel. Double-click on the Output number and type in the desired offset. Use this to output sound banks to separate mixer channels for separate FX processing.
- PB Rng - Pitch Bend Range (cents). To set, double-click the field and enter a new number.
- Pitch Bend - Pitch Bend. Click the bar and drag vertically to set.
- Mod wheel - Mod wheel. Click the bar and drag vertically to set.
- Volume - Volume. Click the bar and drag vertically to set.
- Panning - Panning. Click the bar and drag vertically to set.
- Expression - MIDI expression, acts as a multiplicatior to volume. Click the bar and drag vertically to set.
- Mute - Solo / Mute switches. Useful to hear a particular instrument in multi-bank arrangements.