WAVE EDITOR / RECORDER
Edison is a fully integrated audio editing and recording tool. Edison loads into an effect
slot (in any mixer track) and will then record or play audio from that position. You may load as many instances of Edison as you
require in any number of Mixer Tracks or Effects slots. To open Edison press Ctrl+E in a Sampler Channel, or load from the
effects menu into mixer track/s.
11. Feature Switches
These switches vary, depending on the Edit mode (9, 10), from left to right:
- Freeze - Prevents any changes to the sample. Note the cursor is a + in freeze mode.
- Noise T. - Enables/disables the threshold display (green horizontal band). The level can be adjusted by Left-clicking on the
Peak Meter (6) and moving the mouse up and down.
- Regions - Enables/disables the region marker display. A region is defined by a pair of region markers.
- Step - Enables the step editing mode. As a Left-clicked cursor is dragged over the window a new control point is added at
each step in the timeline. Hold SHIFT while dragging to draw "pulse" lines (straight vertical/horizontal lines only). Note that each new
segment created will have the most recent tension setting applied.
- Snap - Enables/disables snapping. This applies to envelopes and sample edit functions.
- Slide - Slides the selected control point, without affecting the relative positions of any following points.
Note how the cursor changes depending on whether you are in Freeze or Edit mode. In Freeze mode you won't be able to make any changes,
only hover and read the sample amplitude and position values of the wave display in the main Hint Bar.