MIXING & EFFECTS
Fruity Stereo Enhancer
Fruity Stereo Enhancer contains various
filters and processors to alter and enrich the stereo image of the input sound. Related plugins are the Fruity Stereo Shaper and the Mixer Track Properties
Stereo separation. Visualize stereo effects with Wavecandy Vectorscope
- Stereo Separation knob (STEREO SEP) - Adjusts the stereo separation of the input signal (does not apply to mono input).
Range: 0% (max right) to 200% (max left). At 0% the signal is mono; at 100% the stereo image remains unaltered.
- Pre/Post switch - Lets you choose whether to have the phase offset effect applied before (PRE) or after (POST) the other
filters in that plugin.
- Phase Offset knob - Changes the phase of the L or R channels. Top dead center is normal phase, turning the knob right will
progressively offset the phase of the right channel, while turning the knob to the left will progressively offset the phase of the left channel.
The phase offset is achieved by delaying the affected channel by up to 500 ms. Settings of 20 to 40 ms usually produce a realistic stereo effect on mono signals.
- Invert switch - With this filter you can invert the phase in one of the audio channels. NONE disables the effect, LEFT
inverts the left audio channel, RIGHT inverts the right audio channel.
- Panning knob (PAN) - Sets the panning of the output. When used with small delays, the phase offset effect can make the sound
appear panned to left or right. You can use this knob to compensate for this effect.
- Volume knob (VOL) - Sets the final output level. In some cases the stereo separation control may increase or decrease the output level. Use this control to compensate.
Plugin Credits: Didier Dambrin