INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
The Hint Bar
The Hint Bar is common along the bottom of all Image-Line VST plugins and displays the values of knobs and sliders as they are changed on the plugin interface. Hints will also be shown if the mouse pointer is
hovered above plugin features, this is a quick way to learn how plugins work. Two other useful features of the Hint Bar are the Plugin Options Menu (1) and the preset controls, (3 & 4).
Controls & Features
- Plugin options menu:
- Help - Opens this document.
- Load VST preset/bank - Opens a browser dialog to load .fst/.fxp (preset) and .fxb (bank) files.
- Save VST preset - Opens a browser dialog to save the curent program settings as an .fxp file.
- Save VST bank - Opens a browser dialog to save all presets as a .fxb (bank) file.
- Global MIDI learn - When selected, links made with external controllers are remembered for the current session. That is, until the plugin is closed.
- Rendering mode - Forces the plugin to use the highest quality, select when rendering/bouncing.
- Use MIDI modulation as X - By default, Modulation = Y, Breath = X. Selecting this option swaps these relationships so Modulation = X and Breath = Y. X & Y refer to the X/Y modulation pad controls.
- Image-Line website - Opens a browser page with Image Line Software selected.
- Hint - Hints will also be shown if the mouse pointer is hovered above plugin features. Values are shown when the control is changed.
- Preset menu - Opens a menu of the presets loaded in the current bank.
- Preset selector - Step forward/backward through the preset list.