INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
PoiZone - Master Controls
The Master Controls section provides a range of global
controls as described below:
The Display: There are three sub-displays -
- Program Name - To browse the preset list
click on this part of the display. To step through the
list click on the < > arrows immediately to the
- Last tweaked parameter. Displaying last tweaked
parameter. Name - value - label [CC number assigned]. [N/A]
means no CC is assigned. When PoiZone is opened for the
first time, there will be no values (--- ---- ---), meaning
that no CC has been touched. As soon as you tweak something
the value updates. CC (Continuous Controller) data is MIDI
data used to communicate between hardware/software
controllers and Poizone. 128 different continuous
controllers can transmit values between 0-127. CCs are
commonly used for things like MIDI controlling volume (#7),
pan (#10), data slider position (#6), mod wheel (#1) or
other user-assigned parameters.
- Last CC number and value - Shows the last CC
number to be received and the value.
OPTIONS: The options are -
- Import CC Map: Imports all CC links from
saved FXP. This is used to load Midi Learn settings
from FXP saved from your host.
- Import gate pattern: Import a saved FXP
containing Gate Pattern data.
- Save Bank (.FXB): Save all patches to a bank
file .FXB format.
- Save Program (.FXP): Save current patch to a
file .FXP format.
- Load Program/Bank from HD: Opens a load-file
dialog so that you can load either .FXB or .FXP files.
NOTE: Loading banks (.FXB) will overwrite all
the 256 programs in the current bank.
- Clear All CC Links: Unlinks all parameters
from all CC's.
- Initialize Program: Resets PoiZone to a
default starting condition, useful for patch
- LINK: Link the last tweaked MIDI parameter to
the selected target in PoiZone.
UNLINK: Unlink the displayed link-relationship.
MIDI learning features in PoiZone - When you
send a CC to PoiZone, it updates number and value of that
CC. Tweak any parameter (second display updates), send
any CC (third display updates), push LINK button and last
sent CC is linked to last tweaked parameter. Or push
UNLINK is you want last tweaked parameter to be not
linked to any CC (then it will display [N/A] ).
- UNISON: Set the number of unison voices from 1
to 4. 1 = No unison. Unison is similar to chorus in that
multiple copies of the final output sound are detuned and
panned to create a thicker audio texture.
- POLY: Number of voices that will play with the
current patch. 1 to 32 voices are available. Select lower
values to emulate monophonic analog synths with
- UNISON DETUNE: The relative detuning of the
unison voices. Higher levels creates a more discordant
- UNISON PAN: The relative stereo panning of the
unison voices. Higher levels create a wider stereo
- OCT: Even numbered UNISON voices are shifted up
one octave. It's useful to create 'human voice-like'
patches if a narrow bandpass filter is applied to the patch
and UNISON is set to 2 with OCT on.
- MONO: Monophonic playback mode.
- HELD: OFF: All notes will glide. ON: Only held
(overlapping) notes will glide.
- STATIC: ON: All notes will glide at a variable
rate so that glide-time is independent of the jump
- GLIDE TIME: Controls the slide-rate between
- TRANSP: Controls the global pitch in
- MICRO TUNE: Controls the global pitch in cents.
The range is -100 to +100 cents with 0 in the middle
position (vertical knob).
- GAIN: Overall, final output level from