INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
Sawer - Filter
The Sawer filter can be used to shape the output from the Oscillators, transforming the sound into something completely new. The Sawer Filter operates in
LowPass (two filter slopes 12 & 24 dB/Oct), High Pass and Band Pass modes as described below.
- CUTOFF - Sets the filter cutoff frequency. Try automating this filter knob for interesting sound variations. The LFO section can be used to control the Cutoff knob or the ENVELOPE section
- RESO (Resonance) - Filter resonance introduces a frequency boost just prior to the cutoff slope. This gives the sound a metallic or 'resonant' quality.
- KBD TRACK (Keyboard Tracking) - This links the cutoff frequency to the MIDI note number. Low notes will have a lower cutoff frequency for a 'darker' sound while higher notes will have a higher cutoff
frequency for a 'brighter' sound. The amount of keyboard tracking controls the strength of this effect.
- VEL TRACK (Velocity Tracking) - This links the filter cutoff frequency to note velocity. Soft notes will have a darker more muted sound while harder struck notes will have a brighter sound. The amount of velocity tracking
controls the strength of this effect.
- MODE toggles the filter between -
- LP 12 / 24 - Low-Pass (12 or 24 dB per octave), frequencies below the cutoff are allowed to pass, those above are filtered out.
- BP - Band-Pass, a band of frequencies are allowed to pass, those above and below the center of the band (controlled by the CUTOFF knob) are filtered out.
- HP - High-Pass, frequencies above the cutoff frequency are allowed to pass, those below are filtered out.