INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
Sytrus - Options and Helpers
Left-click on the symbols to open the following features:
1. Show keyboard
This shows/hides the preview keyboard.
2. Show block diagram
This shows the Sytrus internal signal routing diagram. Click the user interface again to return to the normal Sytrus interface. Click the interface again to return
to the normal Sytrus user interface.
3. Show information
This shows the Sytrus version and information screen, to revert to the normal Sytrus user interface Left-click on the screen again.
4. Options / Presets
Contains a menu with several items as described below:
- Yamaha DX7 Presets - Opens a file browsing dialog to import DX7 SYSEX data. Sytrus will then read the patch and
emulate the original DX7 sound. Imported DX7 presets appear as subitems in the DX7 menu.
- Copy / Paste preset - Copy and paste presets.
- Copy / Paste oscillator settings - Allows you to copy and paste settings between operators.
- Reset waveform settings - returns the Operator to the default state.
- Randomize waveform settings - randomizes the waveform settings, use when you are stuck for ideas. And in the same
way that idly fiddling with a Rubik's cube may solve the puzzle...you may end up with a great sounding patch.
- Morph oscillator 1 to 5 - Morphs oscillators 2,3 and 4 to create a series of wave-forms linking the end points in a smooth
- Unison - Unison is the process of creating extra (detuned) voices, Sytrus can generate up to 9 unison voices per operator. This
option contains a number of unison presets to browse and select. The Distribution sub-option, specifies various panning methods. Set by ear.
- Chorus - Browse Chorus presets for the FX module.
- Reverb - Browse Reverb presets for the FX module.