INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
Toxic Biohazard - Master Panel
The top section of Toxic Biohazard provides a range of global
controls as described below:
Voice Controls (Configuration & Master Envelope)
- TRANSP: Transposition, controls the global pitch in
- POLY: Select the maximum number of voices
(polyphony) Toxic Biohazard will use.
UNISON VOICES: Unison voices are detuned and panned
copies of the original voice. This control determines how
many voices Toxic Biohazard will play. Unison has the effect
of thickening the sound and is similar to the Chorus effect. However, Unison is a
per-note effect while chorus effects the complete output of
- Unison Detune: The amount of detune given to the
unison voices - for wide silky effects.
- Unison Pan: The amount of stereo spread given to
the unison voices. Turning the knob right will widen the
GLIDE MODE: This menu determines the glide type.
- Bend VT - All notes will glide at a fixed rate
so that larger jumps take longer (Variable Time).
- Held VT - Overlapping notes will glide at a
fixed rate so that larger jumps take longer (Variable
- Bend ST - All notes will glide at a variable
rate so that glide-time is independent of the jump size
- Held ST - Overlapping notes will glide at a
variable rate so that glide-time is independent of the jump
size (Static Time).
GLIDE TIME: Controls the slide-rate between notes.
When set to minimum, there is no glide.
- ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE: Global A (volume
ramp-up) D (decay rate from peak) S (held level) R (ramp down
speed on release) volume envelope modifiers.
- VEL CURVE: When the knob is set to minimum (left)
the relationship between velocity and volume is linear. As the
knob is rotated to the right higher input velocity is required
to achieve the same output volume as the linear setting.
- DRIVE: Overdrive distortion effect (form of soft
- MASTER VOL: Master volume controls the final output
level from Toxic Biohazard.
Preset Control (Center)
Above the Toxic IIII Logo, at the 12'oclock position on the
user interface, you will find the Preset Display window. This display shows
the name of the preset currently loaded into Toxic Biohazard and
provides access to the Preset Options menu.
BANK: Click here to open a new bank (the bank options
will show on a drop-down list). Also on the list is the
- Online Content - Items below this point in the
list are available for on-line download. Click on a bank to
download it (of course your PC needs to be 'on-line' to see
and download content).
- PRG: Program - Left-clicking on the display window
will open the list of all the presets in the currently loaded
bank. From that list, you may then navigate to the desired
preset and Left-click while hovering over it with your mouse
pointer to open it.
- <>: To the right of the preset name is a 'Step
through presets' control. Click the RIGHT and LEFT arrows on
each side of the display to step forward and backward
(respectively) through the currently loaded bank.
OPT: Opens the 'Options Menu'. The menu items are:
- Save Program - Saves the currently selected
program as a '.tbio' (Toxic Biohazard single program)
- Load Program - Load a single program or bank.
NOTE: To Toxic III users - Presets are now stored as
separated files (.tbio). Toxic Bio is backward compatible
with Toxic III presets. To load ToxicIII preset simply load
it (FXP) using OPT->Load Program. Do the same for
ToxicIII banks, and FXB will be automatically converted
into .TBIO files, keeping the name of the original ToxicIII
- Import CC Map Imports all CC links from saved
FXP. This is used to load Midi Learn settings from FXP
saved from your host.
- Import MIDI modulations - Imports MIDI routing
- Import Sequencer Pattern - Imports MIDI
- Swap effects - Swap effect module one and two in the
processing circuit. Default is module 1 --> module 2.
Sometimes is useful to change the order of effects.
- Reset CC Link Map - Resets the external
controller modulation links.
- Reset MIDI modulations - Reset all MIDI
controller settings without affecting the other parameters
in the program.
- Reset Sequencer - Reset all Sequencer note data
without affecting the other parameters in the program.
- Reset Program - Reset all parameters and
controller settings to their default values.
- LINK: Links the last tweaked MIDI parameter to the
- [X]: Unlink the displayed link-relationship.