The Toxic Biohazard sequencer/arpeggiator is highly advanced. It allows for all kinds of rhythmic sequences as well as basic arpeggiation. The sequencer defines the chord played and tunes the pattern according
to that chord as well as simply playing the pure pattern while holding single keys. There are several modes of play for even more complex patterns.
- STEPS: This counter ('064' in the picture below) is used to select the number of steps in the sequencer/arpeggiator loop. Select anywhere from 1 to 64 steps. Regardless of the number of steps chosen all 64 possible steps will be displayed.
- PLAY: When selected (lit green) the programmed sequence will play.
- Changing step/note pitch: Every 4th step is labeled for your convenience. At each step (---) you can set the pitch to be played (in semitones relative to the played note). Dragging past the value of -24 will activate
'sustain' for that step, this holds the note played by the previous step. If the value of any step reads '---' then no note will sound when that step is processed.
- SWING: Activating this button turns on 'Swing Mode'. Swing creates a 'swing' rhythm where the first note is held a little longer at the expense of the second note in the bar.
- PING PONG: The sequencer cycles forward then backward through the steps.
- RANDOM: Plays steps in random order. Good for creating chaotic rhythmical sequences.
- DUAL: This control splits the 64 step sequencer into 2 (32 step maximum) sub sequencers. This provides the ability to play complex 2-note polyphonic patterns.