INSTRUMENT PLUGINS / EFFECT PLUGINS / CHANNEL SETTINGS
The Fruity Wrapper is a software interface/layer between instrument / effect plugins and FL Studio. The control options
(1, 3 & 4) are common to all plugins (FL native, VST & DX format), while the
plugin options (2) only appear on Wrappers that are hosting VST & DX format plugins. The Wrapper provides compatibility with the VST and DX plugin
standards (the screenshot below demonstrates the Fruity Wrapper hosting a fictitious 'Poi Poi' VSTi plugin). More information on plugin formats can be found here.
For more information on installing and using 3rd party VST/DX plugins, click here.
There are two versions of the Fruity Wrapper, Effect & Generator. FL Studio will select the appropriate wrapper depending on the plugin type loaded. There are several control options:
Click on the screenshot Settings, Processing or Info tabs below to see the help for that tab.
See help for tab: [Settings],
NOTE: If you are troubleshooting plugins, see the section on 'Plugins behaving badly' for more tips.
Options are saved per-plugin, saved options are used each time the plugin is loaded, until they are deleted.
- Save options automatically - Automatically saves the options set in the wrapper Settings and
Processing tabs. Settings are remembered the next time the plugin is loaded (this option is on by default).
- Save now - Saves the options set in the wrapper. Saved options are used each time the plugin is loaded. Use when automatic saving is disabled.
- Delete options - Clear the options for the currently loaded plugin. Default settings will be used next time the plugin is opened.
- Reset - Reset plugin options to the default state.
- Input port / Output port - Select the MIDI input and output ports respectively. MIDI ports are independent communication channels within a given MIDI connection. When the same port numbers
is set on an MIDI input and output device the plugin and other MIDI device will be able to share exclusive MIDI data.
- Send note off velocity - Sends the note release velocity to the plugin along with the 'note off' message. Note off velocity is set in the Piano roll and can be edited using the
integrated event editor.
- Send pitch bend range - When selected, the MIDI pitch bend range selected to the right of the switch will be passed to the plugin. Plugins that support pitch bend range will respond correctly to
host bend instructions. This is not selected by default as some plugins interpret pitch bend range messages as a filter 'reset' message, causing problems.
- Notify about parameter changes - When deselected, disables parameter 'change notification' to FL Studio from plugins. NOTE: Some plugins continuously send parameter
changes, this will constantly reset the 'Last tweaked parameter', making it impossible select and link the parameter of your choice. Only deselect 'Notify about parameter changes' while you
are recording automation with the plugin and then re-select it (don't forget, as deselecting this option interferes with other wrapper functions you may need).
- Check properties on display change - Some plugins send a display change message when some properties have changed, such as the selected patch. This option allows FL Studio to detect the change
and ensure data is correctly copied between FL Studio and the plugin.
- Invalidate plugin editor - Opens the plugin editor's idle message. The 'idle message' provides a plugin with the opportunity to repaint its window. Try de-selecting this setting if the plugin has
graphical display glitches.
- Don't allow keyboard focus - Prevents the plugin from stealing keyboard input from other plugins when the interface is selected with the mouse.
- Allow Program Editing - The default behavior of FL Studio is to temporarily store modifications to patch programs so that if you modify a bank preset, browse other presets and return to the modified
preset, the changes will be remembered. If this setting is off then any changes to the preset will be lost when you change to another patch, it's best to leave this setting on (default). This is a per-session feature, so patch modifications will not
permanently overwrite factory presets, if you delete the plugin and reload it any modifications will be forgotten.
- Copy - Copies the currently active patch to the clipboard. 'Allow Program Editing' needs to be turned on for this command to be enabled.
- Paste - Overwrites the settings of the active patch with the one in the clipboard. 'Allow Program Editing' needs to be turned on for this command to be enabled. The command will be disabled if the clipboard is empty (you need to copy a program first).
- Name - Allows you to rename to currently selected program (patch). 'Allow Program Editing' needs to be turned on for this command to be enabled. Click Set to save the name.
- Load preset/bank - Allows you to import a standard VST bank (FXB) or preset (FXP) in the currently hosted plugin instance. A bank replaces all of the programs for this plugin instance,
while loading a preset replaces only the currently active program.
- Save preset - Allows you to export the current patch as a VST preset (FXP).
- Save all as preset - Exports all programs in the bank as individual VST presets (FXP).
- Save bank - Allows you to export the entire program library (including any additional loaded or modified programs in it) as a VST bank (FXB).
4. Close plugin interface.
Plugin Credits: Frederic Vanmol, Didier Dambrin