FL Studio 12.5 is out now! See what's new below. This will be the last major release of FL Studio 12, so NOW is a great time to get involved and shape the future of FL Studio 13. Drop into Looptalk and let us know what you want to see.
See the video information for a timed index of the features below
- Picker Panel (Alt+P) - A manager/browser that lists all Pattern, Audio and Automation Clips in the project. Useful features include: 'Select unused Clips', 'Select Clips in Playlist', 'Rename/Color multiple clips', 'Render Pattern Clips to Audio Clips' (Right-Click Clips > 'Render as audio clip').
- Virtual MIDI Controllers - Resizable, customizable vectorial Keyboard and Drumpads. Play the selected Channel, just like an external MIDI controller.
- Automation Clips - New (Right-click) control points 'Type in value...' feature.
- FPC - Resizable, vectorial UI. Pads can now have custom colors and icons. New layout options (single/double pads). Per-pad automatable pitch.
- Fruity Delay 3 - 'Analog' style delay plugin with BPM varying tempo-synced delay. Includes filtering and distortion options.
- FL Studio Mobile - Loads .dwp files (monolithic DirectWave presets). FL Studio will open .flm projects in FL Studio Mobile. Drag and drop compatible formats on the plugin (.flm, .dwp, .wav etc.)
- Harmor - Vectorial UI.
- Fruity Balance - New vectorial UI & converted native plugin.
- Patcher - Threaded processing of hosted plugins/modules. 'More...' option in plugin insertion menus. (Right-click) node and select 'Insert plugin...' to connect a plugin to a node. Load DirectWave when .dwp file is dropped. (Middle-click) plugin title bar to rename.(Middle-click) connection filter checkboxes to disable the two others. 'Tree display' option in Control Surface tab Preset Menu. (Left-Click) to switch filter groups On/Off. (Middle-Mouse Click) to Solo/Unsolo a filter group.
- Edison - Shows the length of selections (top-right in the Editor window).
- Layer Channel - 'Reset children' option, resets the range and root notes for all Child Channels of a layer.
- DirectWave - Resizable, vectorial UI. New filters (MiniSynth & Vox) plus High Quality Rendering (Option) to enable near audio-rate modulation of all DirectWave parameters.
- Channel Sampling Robot - (Right-click) any Channel and select 'Create DirectWave instrument' to turn any Channel, Patcher or Layer into a DirectWave bank/patch.
- Transistor Bass - New '303 pulse' (square waveform) switch and 'Gate Length' control.
- Control Creator - Updated and now accessible from Patcher > Control Surface and the Tools menu.
- Control Surface - Controls can now be auto-aligned. Select two or more controls and Right-click > Align for options.
- Piano roll - 'Menu > View > Mini piano roll preview' shows an overview of notes in the scroll-bar. Highlight root key according to scale. New 'Menu > View > Keyboard style > Dark' keyboard mode. Use (Ctrl+Mouse-wheel) on Channel Selector to select empty Channels.
- Plugin preset panel - Native plugins now show preset name and selection on the top-right of the window.
- Playlist - 'Menu > View > Mini playlist preview' shows an overview of Clips in the scroll-bar.
- MIDI Out - New 'Note' Knob output mode. Automate sending note on and off. A note value of 0 = 'Note OFF'.
- Route selected to free mixer track(s) (Ctrl+L) - Routes selected Channel/s, or plugins, to the first available Mixer Track/s.
- Tools > Macros - 'Lock all playlist tracks to content' and 'Unlock all playlist tracks from content'. Aids for 'block-track' simulated workflow.
- VIEW > Close all plugin windows (Alt+F12) - Closes only plugin windows.
- Hide the plugin wrapper menu by default - See 'General Settings > Miscellaneous > Hide plugin window toolbar by default'.
- TOOLS > Macros > Lock all playlist tracks to content and Unlock all playlist tracks from content. A helper for those wanting to replicate 'block-track' behavior from older versions of FL Studio.
- Additional changes & Bug fixes - Many! See the What's New here.
If you own FL Studio, you can test the 12.5 features in the 0.9 Alpha Installer Here