FL Studio 12.9 BETA 1 - We're excited to start rolling out the features of the next major release of FL Studio, for Windows and Mac, including: Time Signatures, completely reworked Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation, more Mixer Tracks and with many more new features ... because we love your Lifetime Free Updates! :)
Click the image to get the Beta
WHAT'S NEW in FL STUDIO 12.9 BETA 1
- Automatic PDC - Automatic PDC should now work for all normal use-cases (please report issues). We still need to fix these cases: Multi-out plugins, Multiple generators feeding a single Mixer track, each with different latencies and the wet/dry mix knob on FX slots. These should be resolved in coming betas.
- Automatic PDC now works with Generators.
- APDC applies to inter-track routing and side-chains.
- Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist. Manual PDC is applied as an offset to Auto PDC.
- Manual PDC - Negative values - delay the selected track, positive values - delay all other tracks.
- There's a new audio input delay control on the INPUT menu to fix latency issues with individual audio inputs.
- PDC icons now light orange when a track reports latency, not when it's delayed (as before). This will help you to quickly identify PDC inducing plugins.
- DirectWave - A Zone's loop type will now apply to all selected Zones.
- Fruity Reeverb - Is now a 64 Bit FL plugin.
- GUI - The 'Song/Pat' switch is a placeholder. The main purpose at the moment is to show you are using the FL Studio Beta. We are converting all tool panels to 1-unit high. This will allow for a more streamlined tool-bar and more flexible arrangements. More later ...
- Help - FL now uses the online version of the help file. You can download an offline version here (although FL 12.9 won't open this by default).
- Mixer - Increased to 125 Mixer tracks. More will be added later.
- Patcher - Reduced memory usage.
- Playlist - Improved visibility of Clip borders in Solid view mode.
- Time Signature Support - Playlist, Piano roll, Project Settings and Time Markers. Right-click Time-markers and select 'Time signature'. Shift+Alt+T to set time-signatures over a selected time-range. Use the on Pattern Clip Menu 'Use current time signature' to set a time-signature based on Playlist position.
- Plugin manager - Locating plugins is faster, in some cases
- Sampler Channels - Legacy precomputed effects are back. New: Playback - 'Start offset' (automatable), will get a position visualization in the next update. Precomputed - 'Sample start', and 'Length' effects.
- Tap tempo - Sync option for tempo tap is now off by default.
- Unicode Text - Most FL plugins now support unicode characters when exchanging filenames and other text with FL Studio.
- ZGE Visualizer - Layers can be collapsed. Buffered layers are more obvious now. New 'SplinePeaks' effect.
WHAT ABOUT THE LATEST OFFICIAL RELEASE VERSION?
- If you missed the last official FL Studio 12..5.1 release, see what's new here.