FL Studio Mobile
FL Studio Mobile - Home Panel
The Home Panel contains administrative settings grouped according to the SONGS, SETTINGS, SHOP and SHARE tabs.
NOTE: Tap the SAVE button to open the save dialog. Swipe to quick-save (overwrite) the current project, without a pop-up dialog.
Tap the Home Button to access the following:
NOTE: Not all features are available on all operating systems.
The help button is your friend! Under it you can find...
- Manual - You are reading it.
- Video Tutorials - An extensive YouTube FL Studio Mobile video playlist.
- Users & Support Forums - The Users Forum is a great place to ask 'How-To' questions, make feature-requests or to report bugs. If something does not work, reporting it is the quickest way to get it fixed.
- Play Tutorial - Play the introductory video tutorial.
- Register at Image-Line - Create an account with us at Image-Line software. This will give you access to the Users Forum.
Songs - Load and save FL Studio Mobile projects and MIDI files.
- New - Opens the New Project template.
Starting a new project...
- New - Opens the new project dialog
- Tempo - Choose from a common range of tempos. You can always change this later or set an exact tempo from the BPM control on the lower transport bar.
- Mode - You can set the time ruler in FL Studio mobile to one of two modes:
- Time signature (traditional) - Select Beats per bar / Beat value. The Stepsequencer will show 1/16th notes according to the Beat value.
- Time division (advanced) - Set Steps per beat and Beats per bar. The Stepsequencer will show the number of steps per beat selected.
NOTE: Time signatures and divisions can only be set at the time a project is created. These can't be changed afterward.
- OK - Start the new project with the selected settings. NOTE: Only a single Time Signature can be set per project. You can't change the Time Signature of an existing project.
- Save - Saves the current project. NOTE: Setting a 'SEND' destination, allows you to send content via email and file-sharing Apps. Options include:
Saving or sending files...
- SONGS Tab > Save - From the SONGS tab select Save. NOTE: You can swipe this icon to the left to 'quick save', without a popup dialog, to overwrite the current project.
- Rename file (optional) - If you want to rename the project tap here and enter a new name.
- Select format - Choose the save format. FLM is a project file. MIDI is note data. WAV, FLAC, MP3 and AAC are audio formats.
- SEND (optional) - This is an alternative to saving to your device. Tap here to select email and any other external locations available through Applications that can share files on your device. NOTE: This is different to 'SHARE' TAB that allows you share files directly between FL Studio Mobile installations.
- SAVE - This saves to the default FL Studio Mobile user data folders. When saving Audio formats you will see the following options:
- Normalize level - Maximize level so the loudest peaks reach 100% volume.
- High quality - Sets highest quality audio. Action depends on render format - WAV 32 Bit (HQ) / 16 Bit (Off). FLAC 24 Bit (HQ) / 16 Bit (Off), MP3 320 kbps (HQ) / 192 (Off). AAC 320 kbps (HQ) / 192 (off).
- Trim initial silence - Removes silence from the start of the render.
- Render to last bar - Rendering stops at the end of the last Bar. This can avoid long tails on audio files where effects may run-on.
- Split mixer tracks - Creates an audio files corresponding to each Playlist track in isolation of the others. These files are often referred to as 'Stems' and you can use them in other DAWs such as FL Studio, to share projects with friends who may not own the same content or plugins as you OR load stems back into the original project and mute the original to save CPU. Save location - Files are saved under My Files > My Tracks > [Project Name] - WAV / FLAC or MP3 depending on the format used.
- Enable master effects - Split tracks (Stems) will be rendered with the Master Rack effects. When using Stems in another DAW, normally this option is deselected, as this offers more flexibility for subsequent mixing. Select this option if you will reuse stems in FL Studio Mobile, to lower CPU usage. Effects on individual Playlist Tracks are always included. You will need to manually mute effects on each Rack prior to rendering if you don't want these. NOTE: As it's impossible anticipate all use cases, and all types of effects present on the Master Mixer Rack, none of the suggestions above are 'rules'. You will need to think through the logic of how you want to use Stems and whether or not you want Master effects present on each one.
- File Name - Tap to edit the file name.
- Save format - Choose the type of file to save.
TIP: Use WAV for reuse in FL Studio Mobile and other DAW software. Use MP3 for music distribution and listening.
- SEND - The destinations shown will depend on your device and operating system (they will be shown AFTER you set 'SEND' and THEN tap SAVE). Examples include: email, online Cloud storage and internal folders.
NOTE: For advanced file sharing see the section - Your Files! (Where are Project, WAV, MP3, MIDI files located?)
Credits: Maxx Claster, Daniel Schaack, Maxim Zaev.