INSTRUMENTS / GENERATORS
Plucked! is an example of a physical modeling synth,
where mathematical formula are used to simulate real sound producing objects, like a plucked string, for example. Plucked implements a
Karplus-b plucked string model. The curious are invited to search for Karplus-b modeling on Google - however, be prepared for some Math :)
- Decay knob - Changes the decay time of the plucked sound.
- Color knob - Changes the tone of the plucked sound from dark (left) to bright (right).
- Normalize - Tries to make the decay the same for all semitones. Otherwise higher notes have a shorter decay.
- Gate - Stops the voices abruptly when released. Otherwise the decay keeps going.
- Widen - Enriches the stereo panorama of the sound.
Notes & Tips
- Pitch bends are not supported for this generator.
- The Piano roll allows an offset on the
decay & color per voice. While
slides can be used to change the decay on the fly, the color works at trigger
time only (i.e. they don't change as the voice is running).
Plugin Credits: Didier Dambrin
Thanks To: Perry Cook for his work on physical synthesis