Instant and powerful ...
Gross beat is perfect for real-time or rendered gating, glitch, repeat, scratching and stutter performances. Gross Beat stores audio in a 2-bar rolling buffer under the control of 36 user definable time and volume envelopes, giving you unlimited creative control.
Gross Beat Time and Volume presets can be linked to a keyboard, pad controller or automation source for on-the-fly changes to the preset. Preset slots can be set to momentary (key-held), return to base (slot 1) or hold mode on a per-preset basis. Preset-change synchronization can be set from immediate through to 4 beats (1 bar).
Let our FL Studio Guru explain you how to automate Gross Beat using automation clips or the FL keyboard piano roll.
Click the image to open the YouTube video.
In addition to the gating possibilities afforded by the spline based envelope, Gross Beat is perfect for side-chain effects without the need to link to an audio source. Just select one of the ducking-style presets for instant side-chain pumping.
The TRON Legacy legacy ...
Gross Beat can be heard on Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack playing a major part in the rhythmic structure. Why not experiment with the same presets as were used in the soundtrack: Click here to learn more.
Click the image at the left to see how our FL Studio Guru recreates the effects using Gross Beat.
- Powerful MIDI controlled envelopes
- 2 bar audio buffer
- Real time effect, perfect for live performance
- 36 volume/gating envelopes with user-controlled smoothing
- Linked or independent volume & gating slot operation
- A large number of creative presets ready to go
Gross Beat in FL Studio
- Gross Beat works inside FL Studio both under Windows and macOS
- General FL Studio system requirements apply
- ATTENTION: NO VST version sold at this time