External Tools Dialog
The External Tools dialog lets you set up external applications (wave editors, sample browsers, etc.) for use as tools in FL Studio.
- Tools List - Displays a list of all configured tools. Before setting up a new tool click an empty field in the list, otherwise the new
tool will overwrite the older one. You can also drag the entries up and down to change the order.
- Tool Properties - Displays the program icon of the application and enables setting of the displayed name of the tool in the
- File Location - Enter the full path to the external application to be used as a tool. Alternatively, click the button on the right to
browse for an application.
- Tool Type - Sets the launching option for the tool:
- Launch with sample - Suitable for wave editors. Enabled with the Default Editor, this external tool replaces the internal Wave Editor (Edison) inside FL Studio.
- Launch with sample path - Useful for batch audio processing applications and external sample browsers.
- Launch at startup - Launches the program at FL Studio startup, such as a software synthesizer or MIDI loop-back device.